This year the Orlando Chili Cook-off hosted the the 1st ever IFOCE (World Federation of Competitive Eating) Chili Eating event in Florida. For 6-minutes, some of the world’s top eaters, including Joey Chestnut and Sonya Thomas, competed for the coveted prize of World Chili Eating Champion. Joey “Jaws” Chestnut took the title and the glory after eating 8 bowls of chili! Our Title Sponsor, Robert Palmer, even took part in the challenge and donated $8,000 at the end, $1,000 for every bowl that Joey Chestnut finished. Facilitated by the world renowned IFOCE of better known as Major League Eating this challenge will be bigger and better in 2014–Don’t miss it–Save the Date for February 8th, 2014.
Interested in competing in the 2014 World Chili Eating Challenge? Please e-mail: Kenneth@eventsforchangeinc.org
Joey Chestnut is truly an American hero and a national treasure. Having won six straight Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Championships—and counting—Joey is favored every time he steps to the table. His appetite is legendary, his jaw strength unrivaled, and he shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. To see him in action is to behold greatness.
- #1 ranked eater in the world by Major League Eating: current 6-time Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July Hot Dog & Bun-Eating Champion.
- At the 2012 Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest, he matched his 2009 world-record performance of 68 Hot Dogs & Buns in 10 min
- TooJay’s World Corned Beef Sandwich Eating Champion, 20 sandwiches in 10 min
- World Deep-Fried Asparagus Eating Champion, 8.135 lbs in 10 min
- World Wonton Eating Champion, 390 Wontons in 8 min
- World Bratwurst Eating Champion, 35 Bratwurst in 10 min
- World Tamale Eating Champion, 102 in 12 min
- 2012 Graduate of San Jose State University with a bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
- Learned to eat fast growing up with five siblings
The Black Widow
The former 2003 IFOCE Rookie of the Year, “The Black Widow” quickly ascended to the top of the ranks, both at the table and in the eyes of fans. Standing at a slender 105-pounds, Sonya continues to amaze as her fellow peers appear to be watching, dumfounded, as she sees her hand raised in victory time after time.
Most recently, she captured her most coveted title when she ate 40 Nathan’s hot dogs and buns on July 4, 2011 to capture the first-ever Nathan’s Famous Female Hot Dog Eating Championship Belt. Ever the crowd favorite, no one will forget the indelible image of Sonya being whisked through atop Badlands Booker’s shoulders while the crowd showered with roses.